New Phase for FPD Farrier Info

Share Button
Farrier info for Web

Mike Wildenstein applying Kerckhaert DF Grand Prix lateral support hind shoe.

Mike Wildenstein, CJF, FWCF (hons) recently signed on with FPD to help with our clinic program. We have been planning other ways to promote education in the farrier industry and Mike’s involvement will be a key to providing ideas and material for that effort.

Front hoof

Front hoof being fit for a Kerckhaert Classic Roller, one of a number of shoe options from Kerckhaert that can enhance breakover. Another shoe considered for the front end of this horse was the Steel Comfort.

We recently spent 2 days working on video footage for a series of clips on the fundamentals involved in shoeing a horse. The footage also begins to detail the wide range of professional products FPD supplies to the market. The initial phase of this work is basic and will cover information that practicing farriers are likely to be familiar with. The plan is to set the foundation first and build from that point. We’re confident Mike’s experience as an educator will provide good guidance as we go forward and the results will be solid.

Share Button
This entry was posted in Products, The Hoof, Tips and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to New Phase for FPD Farrier Info

1. Sam Durham CJf DWCF says:

Michael wil
    denstien is one of the most inspiring farrier educaters I have ever met and heard!

2. Cody Gilreath says:

Look forward to seeing the videos, where will they be posted?

• Dan says:

Hi Cody – For certain they will be posted on http://www.farrierproducts.com in the video section. From time to time we will also have them on the HoofWall and announced on the Facebook page as well. I think we’ll start to see some stuff ready to roll after the first of the year. Thanks for asking.

3. Bob Smith says:

Thank you too FPD and all the clincians. FPD’s support for farrier education is above and beyond what any other company is doing. Hats off to you guys for all your hard work.

• Dan says:

Hi Bob, Was great seeing you in Cincinnati at the Summit and we certainly appreciate your support and comments. Make sure we don’t get off track! Dan

4. Jesse Silverman says:

Hey. I wanna start by saying i was overwhelemed today to hear that Mike was now a member of your team. Im outta the loop with clinics and industry evolutions, ( appreciative and blessed to be busy in the dead of winter).My local supplier met him at the summit, and after seeing her on a freezing snowy morning when most of us would or should go home, i felt amazingly inspired and pushed thru the day. I went thru mikes program in ’94, and havn’t seen or have hardly spoken to him since. Please foward my email address to him! Amazingly, I speak about him often everyday with my apprentices, using knlowledge forever burned in my brain from class discussions. Every shoe i use is a kerchheart, mainly sx-8’s,df’s,and the century aluminums are great. I look foward to Mikes’ innovative input on future designs. I know the basic training videos are neccessary, but lets be real; watching mike forge is like watching an orchestra conductor lead a symphony. If ur taking requests, I’d like to see some everyday modifications that enhance already incredible “keg”shoes. To sum up this very long post, that i hope isn’t too long, very few men have made an impact on my life as Mike. I am genuinely grateful and honored to have spent those 4 months at the beginning of my now almost 20 year career with him.

• Dan says:

Thanks for the comments Jesse. I’m not surprised to hear how much of an impact Mike made on your career and life. I think there must be many folks out there just like you. We’ll take your suggestions to heart and work on some everyday topics. That’s where we like to focus anyway and I’m sure Mike will do an excellent job. I’ve passed on your comments to him – thanks again. Dan