Horseshoe Ribbons for Sandy Hook

Share Button

Recently, we received a phone call from Steve Storms of Montague Blacksmith Supply in New York asking if FPD would donate horseshoes to a group of farriers from Newtown, Connecticut. Led by farrier Joe Santos, the group planned to shape the shoes into ribbons, paint them green and white and sell them at a fundraiser benefiting the memorial for the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy.  We were happy to participate by providing the Kerckhaert SX-7 horseshoes.

The group of farriers working with Joe Santos on the project included John Matthews, Joey Boccuzzi, Willy Jaret, Bo Crotta, Corey Peterson, Mim Mucherino and Dr. Bob Neff, DVM.  A total of 300 ribbons were made using the Kerckhaert SX-7 horseshoes donated by FPD.  All of the ribbons will be sold for $5.00 each at the benefit to be held Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Edmond Town Hall on 45 Main Street in Newtown, CT.  Admission is $10.00 per person.  If you are in the area, stop in and support your fellow farriers – and the Newtown community.

Everyone at FPD is keeping the Newtown community in our thoughts as they continue to heal after this terrible tragedy.

Forging the Sandy Hook memorial ribbons from Kerckhaert horse shoes donated by FPD.

Volunteers paint on the finishing touches.

The final Sandy Hook Ribbons

The final memorial ribbons.

Legend of the Horseshoe tags attached to each horseshoe ribbon.

Share Button
This entry was posted in Events, On the Road, People, Stores and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Horseshoe Ribbons for Sandy Hook

1. Margaret Cole says:

I would love to buy two of these horseshoes but I do not live nearby. Could I send a check and you could mail them to me? I will be happy, of course, to pay for shipping & handling! Thank you.

2. Sam Mihailoff says:

“WE ARE NEWTOWN” is the beneficiary of the proceeds from the 02-23-13 fundraiser. I would be most happy to assist in shipping these to anyone non-local folks. Our facebook group is listed below with all kinds of contact info…email, phone number, address. I think the small priority mail box is the cheapest way to go, with the weight…could fit one ribbon quite nicely and keep it from getting banged and bumped in transit…$5.50

Mother Nature is NOT going to ruin the event…so COME ON DOWN if you can

Edmond Town Hall Gymnasium…right there on Main Street
    Newtown CT
    02-23-13
    10:00 – 4:30

3. Sam Mihailoff says:

oops, forgot the hyperlink

JOIN US
    SUPPORT US

4. Jacqueline Chard says:

Hi Missy, I wasn’t able to make it to the fundraiser yesterday & want to purchase one of these lovely horseshoe ribbons. I hope there are more available…
    You have my email & here is my cell: 203-417-0500
    Please let me know & how I would do this with you.
    Thank you.
    Jackie Chard
    Sandy Hook

5. Jennifer Napoleon says:

hi, i would love to purchase at least two of your horseshoes. i was not able to make it to sandy hook the day you were selling them. Please let me know if there are more available. my cell is 203-216-0868. Thanks, Jennifer

• Dan says:

Hi Jennifer- we’ll get you a contact number. I think they are planning to make some more of the ribbons. Thanks for your support.

6. Keith says:

That’s a really nice gesture and nice looking horseshoe ribbons too! Thanks for supporting the memorial, these will make nice reminders for all.